NBRC Full Commission Meeting
August 11-12, 1997
Federal Judicial Center/Education Center Auditorium
Thurgood Marshall Federal judiciary Building
One Columbus Circle NE
Monday, August 11, 1997
|8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
||Opening Remarks and Administrative Matters
- Congressional legislation: Single asset real estate cases and H.R. 764
- "Bankruptcy Amendments of 1997"
- Approval of May and June meeting minutes
- Discussion: Associated Commercial Corp. v. Rash - Valuation Method
|9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
||Plenary Session: Tax Issues
(Panel & Issues Still to Be Determined by Commissioner James Shepard and Professor Jack
|10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||Plenary Session: Data Collection and Dissemination
Presentation by Commissioner John Gose and Professor Lynn LoPucki
Chapter 11 Working Group Proposal No. 3 - Data Collection
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
||Plenary Session: Transnational Insolvency|
Panel Presentation and Commission Deliberation
Transnational Working Group Proposal No. 2 - Conforming UNCITRAL Changes
|2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Service to the Estate & Ethics Working Group Proposal No. 7 - Trustee Liability
- Service to the Estate & Ethics Working Group Proposal No. 9 - U.S. Trustee Program
- Consumer Bankruptcy Working Group Proposal No. 6 - In Forma Pauperis
|3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
|3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
||Continued Plenary Session/Voting
- Reconsideration of Chapter 11 Working Group Proposal No. 2 - Claims Classification
- Government Working Group Proposal No. 4 - Improving Notice to Government Creditors
- Agreements in Chapter 9
|4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.