Join ABI and The Georgetown University Law Center for Bankruptcy
2004: Views from the Bench and earn 6.0 CLE Credits, Including 1.0 hour
- Director and Officer Issues: Fiduciary duties—the business
judgment rule in chapter 11. Insurance coverage disputes. Funding
coverage costs. “Deepening insolvency.” In re Flagship
- Sales Under Section 363
- First-day Issues: Payment of Critical Vendors—In re K-Mart
(7th Cir. 2004). End of the doctrine of necessity? Ordinary course
professionals? DIP Financing; Liens on avoidance actions.
- Separate Topical Break-out Lunches with the Judges
- Confirmation Topics: Third-party releases. Post-confirmation
jurisdiction. Scope of the discharge? Liability of directors and
officers for the plan? Interest rate—will the Supreme Court figure
it out? Lock-up agreements—gone with the wind? Solicitation
Issues: the end of Century Glove.
- Claims Issues: Objections to claims. Estimation of claims.
Late-filed claims. 502(d): Claims preclusion. In re TWA Inc.
Recharacterization and equitable subordination. Valuation; assignment.
Discharge of claims.
- Legal Fees in Bankruptcy and Ethics: Debtor’s Counsel;
Committee Counsel; Ordinary Course Professionals.
Register by August 1 and