Join ABI and The Georgetown University Law Center CLE for Bankruptcy
2005: Views from the Bench and earn up to 6.0 CLE/7.0 CPE Credits,
including 1.0 hour of ethics. The program features the views of 18 U.S.
Bankruptcy judges from across the United States. Timely topics—all
updated with the latest legislative revisions—include:
- First-day Issues: Changes in procedures under the Bankruptcy Abuse
Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA).
- Section 363: New Developments Including Precision Industries
Inc. v. Qualitech—Sales Free and Clear of Leases and Other
- Mass Tort Problems: Including Prepacks, Legislation, Future Claims
and Combustion Engineering.
- Separate Topical Break-out Lunches with the Judges: A unique
opportunity for attendees to follow up on the morning’s topics in
small groups with the judges and speakers.
- Pension and Employee Issues: Reconciling the Interests of
Unions/Employees, the PBGC and the Estate: §1113 and Terminating
Underfunded Pension Plans.
- Legal Ethics: Examination of Issues Involving Representation of the
Creditors’ Committee, Conflicts and Solicitation for
- BAPCPA: How Will the Act Affect Business Bankruptcies, including
Reclamation, Preferences, Exclusivity, Property of the Estate, Plan
Modification, and Discharge of Debtors Under Chapter 11?