Bring your questions to this open forum featuring Bankruptcy Judges
Bohm, Isgur, Schmidt and Steen, with Evelyn H. Biery, Esq., and J.
Thomas Black, Esq., a representative from the U.S. Trustees Office, and
H. Malcolm Lovett , Jr. as moderator. We promise a lively discussion of
current issues facing insolvency professionals in the Southern District
of Texas. Topics will include:
- New ethical issues from the perspective of the Bench
- New ethical issues for “debt-relief agencies”
- What is the ethical duty of “reasonable investigation”
under §707(b)(4)(C) & (D)?
- Has the bankruptcy process become more adversarial?
- Other impacts of BAPCPA on consumer and business cases
- New local rule for computation of chapter 13 trustee fees
- Proposed attorney discipline amendments to Federal Rules of
The panel members encourage a “no holds barred” Q&A
format throughout the entire hour and a half session, so be prepared to
ask the question you always wanted to ask. Complimentary networking
reception to follow. No charge to attend, but you must
Walk-ups are subject to a $25 onsite registration
Registration is available On site.