Bankruptcy practitioners and turnaround specialists will have a
unique opportunity to learn more about the issues and priorities of the
110th Congress, by attending ABI’s “Outlook for the 110th
Congress” Webinar on Jan. 17 from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET. The
Webinar will feature a distinguished panel of speakers including:
- Philip S. Corwin of Butera & Andrews (Washington, D.C.), a
representative for various creditor interests.
- John McMickle of Winston & Strawn (Washington, D.C.), a lobbyist
for the Financial Services Roundtable.
- Brady C. Williamson of LaFollette Godfrey & Kahn SC (Madison,
Wis.), the former chair of the National Bankruptcy Review
- William Binzel, Chief Counsel and Senior Vice President, Legislative
Affairs, National Foundation for Credit Counseling (Washington,
- David Lachmann, professional staff to the new majority on the House
Committee on the Judiciary (Washington, D.C.)
- Travis Plunkett, Legislative Director, Consumer Federation of
America (Washington, D.C.)
- Paul G. Swanson of Steinhilber, Swanson, Mares, Marone &
McDermott (Oshkosh, Wis.), the former president of the NABT.
The interactive format for the Webinar will enable participants to
listen to the speakers while simultaneously accessing program materials
on the Web. The speakers will also be available to answer
questions by phone during the program. CLE credit will be available in states that
permit distance learning.