- Distressed Debt and Related Issues: Disclosure of purchase price;
rights offerings; make-whole provisions; pension, health and medical
- Trade Creditor Issues: Reclamation, Critical Vendors, Section
503(b)(9) Administrative Expenses and How the Interests of Trade
Creditors may be Affected by Increased Tranching of Debt and the Rise of
Nontraditional Bankruptcy Participants.
- Sales and Executory Contracts: Bidding procedures; use of findings
(a.k.a. “how the ‘whereas’ clauses define the
deal”); carve-outs; sales free and clear of successor liability
- Early Case Motions: First-day orders; KERPs; critical vendors.
- Inter-debtor and Inter-creditor Issues: Inter-company claims;
substantive consolidation; conflicts; settlement and dispute-resolution
techniques; role of ad hoc committees.
- Ethics: Disclosure &
disinterestedness; carve-outs; disgorgement of professional
fees; and the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Confirmation and Plan Issues: “Gift” plans and
carve-outs; rights offerings; subordination provisions; disguised
substantive consolidation; § 1123 settlements in the plan; voting
issues; motions to designate.
Onsite Registration Only
What past participants have said:
“ABI simply is the best. The premier bankruptcy
“I think you outdid yourself this year...the topics were great
and I felt enthusiasm among all of us.... ”